Sunday, September 2, 2012

31dc2012 - Day 2

So I am going to attempt another month long challenge. Hopefully I don't get lazy towards the end like I did in July -__-'

September 1st's theme was Red, and since I started late I skipped over that day. Today's theme is Orange! I chose one of my new Rainbow Honey's in Hoof Wrassle. This polish is part of Rainbow Honey's Equestria collection, based off of My Little Pony characters.

I also came across something called 'glue as a base coat' and I instantly wanted to try it!



For more swatches and to see how the 'glue as a base coat' works, click the link!

So I came across this:

and was way, way, way too amazed/intrigued. So I decided that this 31 day challenge would be a good reason to test this method out. 

Another cool thing, I had just purchased a little bottle of Elmer's Glue the day before yesterday, what luck!


 I'm not too sure if Hoof Wrassle is the most flattering color for my skin tone, but I know I am going to use this color during some Halloween manis for sure! 

And here are some pix of me trying to chip off the nail polish earlier.

 My left hand's polish came off rather easily and in large chunks, my right hand though was more difficult. The right hand's polish came off in small chips and it took a lot more effort. I had put two layers of top coat on my left hand and only one on my right, I am not sure if that has anything to do with it, but next mani I try the glue base coat with will have two coats on each!
Welp! Hope you guys enjoyed! I am using another glitter tomorrow, so I am going to use the glue method again. Hopefully it comes off like in the tutorials!

Here are some other bloggers joining in on the challenge fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment