Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Water marble ATTEMPT

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Welp, exactly what the title says, this was my millionth attempt at water marbling...I just do not have the knack for it whatsoever :(
For more pix, click the link!


I started with a white base, and used Zoya's Purity. This part came out nicely, so I thought that would set the mood for the rest of the mani, lol..nope. I tried water marbling with two new colors of mine by Color Club. From the Take Wing collection I used Metamorphosis and Sparkle and Soar. Both beautiful colors, so vibrant! Metamorphosis is a teal, and Sparkle and Soar is orange, I figured these colors would look amazing together!
I wanted to crawl up in a ball and just paint my nails something bland I was so upset :( lol. It was thick, the first droplet of polish in the water would dry too fast and catch on my orange stick, ugh, a total mess everywhere. I got polish on my table, on my leggings, and definitely all over my hands. I am not sure what the exact reason for the mishap was, I tried making the water room temp, using thin polishes, dropping them in the water quickly, but to no avail. 

Now I have naked nails bc I am uninspired and sad. Hahaha. Will probably paint them tonight after I organize my closet :3

If anyone has any tips, they would be much appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. Did you use purified water? I've read that it makes a difference and that's what I used the first time I did a marble, it came out fine. Took a few tries though. ;x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't! I have heard that too, but I didn't have any -__-;

      Delete